Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The IRC bot is a good starter project that exposes one to many programming challenges, including networking, protocols, text parsing, and whatever else you want to add to it.
- logging and search functionality - will need to be hosted somewhere. perhaps beyond the scope of the initial project?
- /pow (ProjectOfWeek) - Bot responds with the title and link (prob here) to the current project of the week.
- /reddit - gives you a nice clickable link to get to the sub/r/
- /wiki - link to this here wiki
- /faq - link to the reddit faq page
Contributors are listed here. This list is used to give out tasks and to know who is participating in the project.
- indivisible [ Java, Python, C/C++, HTML and other webby bits ] - experienced to advanced proficiency
- Krayons [ Python, C++, C, Java ]
- LiquidHelium [ Python, lua, clojure, C++, C# ]
[The list is ordered alphabetically]
Reddit Discussion: http://www.reddit.com/r/progether/comments/10ib2x/irc_bot_project_pow/
GIT Repository: https://github.com/Progether/IRC-Bot