The IRC bot is a good starter project that exposes one to many programming challenges, including networking, protocols, text parsing, and whatever else you want to add to it.
- logging and search functionality - will need to be hosted somewhere. perhaps beyond the scope of the initial project?
- /pow (ProjectOfWeek) - Bot responds with the title and link (prob here) to the current project of the week.
- /reddit - gives you a nice clickable link to get to the sub/r/
- /wiki - link to this here wiki
- /faq - link to the reddit faq page
Contributors are listed here. This list is used to give out tasks and to know who is participating in the project.
- indivisible [ Java, Python, C/C++, HTML and other webby bits ] - experienced to advanced proficiency
- Krayons [ Python, C++, C, Java ]
- LiquidHelium [ Python, lua, clojure, C++, C# ]
[The list is ordered alphabetically]
Reddit Discussion: http://www.reddit.com/r/progether/comments/10ib2x/irc_bot_project_pow/
GIT Repository: https://github.com/Progether/IRC-Bot